Friday, June 30, 2006

Better numbers...

After our first visit of the morning, we are feeling more encouraged. I woke up this morning with confidence that today is going to be a great day for Rob and his numbers are going to get better. He's taking baby steps towards recovery and as long as they are steps forward, I am happy for the progress.

His belly pressure was 26 at 6:00 am. So it was up 1 from our last update at 10:00 last night but still not extremely high like before. His blood sugars are still high so he remains on insulin to maintain that. During the doctors rounds this morning, they decided that he was doing well enough to attempt to take him off the paralytic drug so they turned that off. It will remain hooked up and in place in case they need to use it again but for now, it is turned off. He will still remain fully sedated but he will be able to move now on his own. This is very good news to us and we can only pray that they don't have to use the drug again. His fever has dropped a little more this morning so they were able to remove the cold blanket that was in place underneath him. That blanket was hooked to a machine that constantly pumped ice cold water through it to keep him cool. It was set at 12 degrees Celsius and was bone chilling to me when I touched it. But it helped him and hopefully he won't have to use that again. But like the paralytic drug, it will stay close by for future use if necessary.

So after our first visit, I remain optimistc that today will be a great day and he'll make great progress by the end of the day.

Again, I can never thank everyone enough for the support, prayers, and kind words that we have received thus far. It makes you realize how blessed you are when you have that kind of a network to fall back on in times like this. God Bless!!!

Kelly

2 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, June 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I won't be at work to get the updates and this is a great way to stay in touch. I am still praying. I hope you enjoyed the girls visit last night.

 
At 9:12 AM, June 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great news Kelly, we will just keep praying that the numbers will keep going down and his progress keeps going up. Thanks for updates. I am thinking and praying for you!!

Christina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home