A little smirk...
Rob woke up today the most that he has so far. He actually focused on us a little and seemed more with it than he has since he was first sedated. I went over everything with him again, telling him where he was and what is going on. He didn't respond a whole lot but he did give his dad a pretty good hand squeeze for a while. I told him that he had been giving the nurses a run for their money and I actually got a little bit of a smirk out of him. So I think he knows that he's pushing his luck with some of them. :)
He was relatively quiet today and resting the majority of the day. But that's good. He had a little trouble breathing tonight so they did another chest x-ray. I will find out what that indicated in the morning when I go to the first visit. They had talked about maybe draining any excess fluid that was hindering his progress but this morning's x-ray showed less fluid than yesterday so they didn't need to do that today. We'll see if they will have to do that tomorrow.
Otherwise he's still doing good and taking baby steps towards recovery. Please keep praying for him. He still really needs the support.
I am attempting to sleep away from the hospital for the first time tonight. I had been staying there every night since he was admitted but I think for everyone's sake, I need to try to get a good night's sleep. I'm going to try staying at my parents' house at night. It's only about 20 miles from the hospital so we'll see if I can stand being away that long. He's been doing great over night but it's hard to leave too. We'll see how long I last at that.
Kelly
.jpg)

1 Comments:
sounds like things are getting better. You are still in our thoughts. Keep up the good work
Mike and Darcie
Post a Comment
<< Home