Tuesday...the day of rest
Rob decided that there is no need to wait until Sunday to rest. He started today. He had a relatively quiet day today, which was good for him. They decreased his sedation level to half of what it was yesterday and he seemed to handle it much better for some reason. They didn't do much with his ventilator settings since he was resting so quietly. He is completely off the morphine IV now and is handling that quite well. So he's on methadone via mouth now. They crush it and put it in his feeding tube for now, until he can swallow it himself. He had a little temp today, around 99, but nothing to cause much concern. His other levels are looking great. The doctors will talk more about doing a tracheostomy tomorrow or Thursday.
I had to leave the hospital today for the first extended period of time. We were scheduled for another baby appointment in Pella so I made the trip for that today. Rob was kept company by my mom while I was gone. He didn't seem to notice or care that I wasn't here. He probably enjoyed the silence. The appointment went well and I passed my glucose test so we're in the clear for gestational diabetes. I was able to bring more ultrasound pictures back for Rob to see since he couldn't attend our visit this time. His room in the SICU is now plastered with the ultrasound pictures for him to check out when he decides to wake up. It was nice to see the girls at work again after my appointment. I was able to stop in at home and check on everything. The house is still standing...with no water in it! :) The lawn and garden are surviving, thanks to Rob's dad.
I was able to visit the cat and dog at my parents' house on the way home too. The dog didn't seem to care that I was there but the cat enjoyed a good petting. I think she was relieved to discover that she was not cat-napped but merely rescued from starvation. While at my parents', mom and I were able to go through the shipment of baby clothes that my mom found on ebay. She found a bargain...a lot of bargain to say the least. 200 items of baby clothes, both boys and girls, sizes 0-4T. That was a lot of fun and a good stress reliever for the both of us. There are so many cute things in there. Let's just say that we will not want for baby clothes...ever.
While it was very hard for me to leave Rob today, I think it gave me a good recharge that I really needed. Mom called me after every visit with him so I was able to keep up on his status. We are looking forward to a good day of progress tomorrow.
Kelly
.jpg)

2 Comments:
Glad to hear that Rob rested yesterday, and that you left for a little while. You need to do occasionally or you'll go crazy. Very happy to hear about your results from your appointment too!
Hoping for another good day!
Rob is lucky to have you, honey. Very lucky. What a devoted, caring wife. :)
Glad you got out for a while, and sooooooo glad your appt went well. Just be sure to stay focused on that wee little life growing inside of you, and be sure and take care of you and the baby.
Hugs,
Jenny Gillam
Post a Comment
<< Home