Waiting for the plan for today...
I don't have much news yet this morning. Rob had a pretty quiet night. He woke up for quite a while when I came in for the first visit. He was able to answer yes and no questions for me. But when he wants something it's hard to figure out the right yes or no question to get what he's wanting. After I left he had a big coughing fit. Coughing is good for him because it loosens anything that might be in his lungs. But in doing so, he coughed out the feeding tube that was in his nose. He was being fed directly into his intestines thus bypassing the stomach. We are waiting to hear from the surgeons to see if they will replace that tube the same way or try to put one in that goes to his stomach through his nose. That would be the next step in testing his pancreas since it would have to start working again if he were fed into his stomach. So we'll see what that decision is soon. Hopefully by the next visiting time.
Otherwise the doctors haven't finished their rounds yet so we don't have the plan for today yet. Hopefully it will involve reduced vent settings. I'm no doctor but from what I can tell on his machine readings, he's doing very well at the current level. So hopefully he can step down today. They are still getting a little fluid off his lungs so that's good too.
Until I hear more, that is about all the news I have for this morning. I hope to have great news to report soon.
Kelly
.jpg)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home