Day 14...
Rob has finally starting releasing more fluid than he is taking in. As long as he continues that, he'll get rid of all of that excess fluid that is causing swelling and pressure in no time. His breaths are slow and deep, which is what I keep telling him to concentrate on. During the 4:30 visit I told him that I wanted him to keep working on his breathing and asked him if he could do that. He nodded his head! That was the first little bit of response that I've had from him in a long time. I think he just wants me to shut up.
He managed to break a blood vessel in his eye. The nurse thought it was probably from the pressure caused when he is coughing against the ventilator. I'm sticking with that story and am thoroughly convinced that it had nothing to do with me constantly cleaning around his eyes and face. Maybe I got a little rougher with the wash cloth than I thought. I bet I won't live that one down if he hears about it. At least it wasn't a spit bath. :)
Here's to another good day!
Kelly
.jpg)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home