Thursday, July 06, 2006

End of another slow but good day of progress...

Rob finished the day off well. They were able to start decreasing the levels on the ventilator this afternoon. They decreased him from a PEEP level (not sure what that stands for yet) of 15 to 12 around 1:00 pm. Patients usually need to be at a level 5 when they are taken off the ventilator. So hopefully with a few more days of progress, he'll be at that level and can be taken off the vent. This is great news to all of us!

Otherwise he's doing great and I'm happy to post a short and sweet report tonight with great news.

The following quote from Maya Angelou was in an email that I received from a friend today...

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

I can not agree with that more as I think of all the kind words, prayers, gifts, and visits that Rob and I have received from all of you over the past couple weeks. We may not always remember exactly what was said or done but we will NEVER forget the way you all have made us feel during such a trying time in our lives. If I could only make one person feel 1/100th as blessed as you have made us feel, I would be doing great. THANK YOU!!!

Kelly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home