Friday, July 07, 2006

More fantastic news...

After talking with Rob's nurse a couple times this morning, I know we're getting close to the good stuff. He said that Rob's doctors are impressed and very happy with where he is in his recovery. His lungs are just a smidge away from sounding completely clear. That's great news since there is always a pretty good chance of pneumonia when the patient is laying still and on a ventilator for a while like Rob has been. But things are sounding great.

His temp is back at normal and has been all day. So I hope he stays there. That's just another good sign that he's fighting off any infections that could potentially threaten him. But no sign of any infections yet on any cultures so that's great news too.

His in and out levels are looking very good. His nurse said that he has put out more fluid in the last few hours that he did all day yesterday. I've never been so happy about Rob going to the bathroom. :) So hopefully he's crossing that line and could be very close to putting out more fluid than he's taking in which means he'll start getting rid of all the excess fluid he is retaining in his body and allow all the swelling to go down.

With his lung function looking great, they are still hopeful that in a couple days he might be able to come off the ventilator and thus start pulling him out of sedation. I'll never be so happy to hear him talk again, or even to have him start writing to us again. It's been about 10 days since they fully sedated him so I'm looking forward to some good communication with my husband again. One of the notes that he wrote before he was sedated said "You always have the most to say when I can't talk." So he's probably ready to have me shut up for a while and be able put his two cents in for once.

He has had very good care here at the UI. His nurse today has impressed me with how open and knowledgeable he is about Rob. I'm very glad to have Rob here under such great care.

Behold...the power of prayer!

Kelly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home