Thursday, July 06, 2006

Trying too hard...

Rob is still maintaining a good temp level so he's fighting off any fever at this time, which is great. He is breathing over the ventilator levels a little more than they would like him to be at right now so they are increasing his sedation level just a tad. They don't want him to work harder than he should be right now. His blood sugar levels are still looking good and his kidney function is still great. He's still taking in more than he is putting out but hopefully that will turn around soon.

The respiratory therapists were in doing some adjustments on his ventilator when I was in for the 11:00 visit so he had a room full of women to contend with. He is resting quietly for the most part. He seems to be startled every now and then but when I'm there, I just let him know that I'm there with him and he calms down quickly.

He seems to be in a hurry to get better, which is good. But the doctors are concerned that he could move too quickly on the ventilator so they are trying to maintain a good level of progress for him. His belly pressure was 24 at the last check so they are keeping an eye on that too. But it's not extremely high like it was last week.

That's about it for this morning. So for the most part, no news is good news and we're just waiting patiently (or not so patiently) for great news soon.

Kelly

1 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, July 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly:
Thanks for keeping us updated on the blog...what a great way to keep everyone informed on Rob's progress. I'm so happy to hear that things continue to improve and his steps are in the right direction!

Take care - Im keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

Jill Anderson

 

Post a Comment

<< Home