Check out time...
We were hoping for a transfer today but we'll have to wait till morning. Everything is set for Rob to transfer to Ottumwa Regional Health Center tomorrow to start his physical rehab. We'll go via our vehicle to Ottumwa so we don't have to ride in another ambulance. I think we've done that enough this year. Rob was hoping that he already had his last night in his bed here but he's going to have to do one more. He's getting much better at moving himself around so he doesn't have to wait on the nurses to help him as much. This morning when I got here he had himself up in the chair already so he's taking great strides. He just has to remember that he thinks he can go faster than his feet are able to go so he needs to slow down and take it easy for a while. They are going to have fun reminding him of that all the time in Ottumwa. Lucky them. :)
He just asked me if we could sign a form to check him out and just go home. I think he should be considered a flight risk. Sounds like he wants to go AWOL on the drive to Ottumwa. :) As much as I'd like to take him straight home, I don't think that would be the best idea. He's going to try everything he can to derail the trip I'm sure.
So, we'll check out of UIHC in the morning and head south to start rehab. Hopefully that will only be a week or two and then we can go home...together. I will start staying at our house again during his rehab. It's going to be hard to be in our house without him but it won't be long before he comes home too.
Kelly
.jpg)

1 Comments:
That's fantastic news!!
Post a Comment
<< Home