Clear the hallways!!!
Look out, he's walking! Rob walked about 30 feet this morning and took a rest in a wheelchair before going another 40 feet. They wheeled him back to his room as he took a victory lap. They did it before I got in for the first visit so I didn't get to see it but the physical therapy tech and his nurse said he was waving to everyone and cheering for himself the whole ride back to his room. :) AMAZING!!! They are going to try again at 1:00 so I can be there to watch that time. I can't wait!
He's in his recliner again this morning. He started another oxygen mask trial off the vent at 8:00 and he's still going strong. I just left him for a minute to post this for everyone to join in the cheers. I have a feeling he's going to have a long trial today. He's getting a little more comfortable on the mask so that's going to help him a lot.
Also, in addition to the ice chips they let him start having yesterday, this morning he got to try a juice box. I wish I could describe the joy on his face when he saw the nurse bringing it to him. He threw up his hands and kicked his legs down from the reclined position to sit up to drink it. He was in heaven! It's the little things in life that we all take for granted that he's enjoying so much today. His spirits have definitely been lifted over the past couple days. I think he's going to pick up with great speed now in his recovery. They also removed the catheter today so he was ecstatic about that alone.
I can't even express how happy I am to see him doing so well. The expressions on his face are just priceless! If you want to see prayers in action...visit Rob!
Kelly
.jpg)

2 Comments:
WooHoo! My favorite post so far!
Way to go ROB !!!! Keep up the good work. We will talk soon.
Mike and Darcie
Post a Comment
<< Home