Friday, July 21, 2006

Another great day...

When I came in for the first visit this morning, Rob was at a PEEP level of 5. Right on track! His vent settings are the lowest that they can be now. That is HUGE for him. This afternoon they are going to try the first trial run off the vent and see how long he can breathe on his own. Then they will try again tomorrow and keep letting him build up the length of time that he can be off the vent. During that time he should be able to talk again. I can't wait for that! I'm sure he has a few things he'd like to say too.

Since he drained more fluid off his lungs yesterday they are going to leave the chest tube in for another day. So it sounds like tomorrow that should come out. But I think we can handle another day of it considering the amount of progress that he's made on his vent so far. I'm just ecstatic to report that news.

So hopefully he can last a while this afternoon and we'll have our starting point for the length of time that he can go on his own. Then he can go up from there.

It's a great day!

Kelly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home