Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Empty bed...

When I came in this morning, I found an empty bed. Rob was sitting in a recliner! He had just finished his first trial off the vent for the morning. He went for an hour and 5 minutes. They are going to give him another try this afternoon to keep working on it. Today was his first attempt to get out of bed and stand up. He moved from the bed to the chair then to use the bathroom and back to his chair. He was very tired after all that action this morning. So he's taking a good nap in the recliner now. He said he was very shaky on his feet. I think it surprised him how hard it was to stand up but he has been in bed for over a month so it's going to take him quite a while to gain his normal strength back. He understands very well the need for rehab once he's ready for it. He says he wants to stay here until we're almost done and then go to Ottumwa for Rehab. I asked him how it felt to sit up in a recliner and he gave me the biggest sigh of relief. I told him to just imagine how good it was going to feel to sit in his new recliner that will be waiting for him at home by the time he gets there. That should be motivating enough for him. :)

So he has had a VERY good morning. I prayed and prayed last night and this morning for him to have a big day of progress and it's well in the works for him today. I asked God that I be shocked at his progress when I came in this morning and that was more than delivered when I found the empty bed! All praise be to God!!!

Kelly

1 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, July 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic news! Keep going Rob!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home