Good day of ventilator progress...
Rob is ending the day at a PEEP level of 10 and an oxygen level of 40%. He is handling those settings well so we hope to work on more progress tomorrow. He has figured out the trick to make his nurses respond to his needs quickly. He blows against his trache tube so it triggers the ventilator alarms. He keeps doing it until they come in the room to check the alarms and then they do whatever he needs. So he's spending his spare time figuring out these tricks. I told him he better not expect that to work at home. :)
He had a pretty good day otherwise. This afternoon when I came in for a visit he moved his hand straight to my stomach to try to feel the baby. Of course that was the 5 minutes of the day that the baby decided to stay still. We are going to have a feisty one on our hands if he/she is as active outside as inside.
Another time he was holding my hand and moving my wedding ring around on my finger. Then he started trying to feel for his ring on his left hand. I let him know that I had it at my parents' house in the box since he couldn't have it on in the hospital. He looked relieved after that. Guess he thought he lost it.
Here's looking forward to another good day tomorrow!
Kelly
.jpg)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home