Checking in to a move...
Rob's doctors have decided to start checking into that move to another unit we previously talked about. They are going to contact the doctors in the Intermediate Pulmonary Care Unit to have them see if they think he's ready to move to that unit. I don't know how soon we'll find out but I hope in the next day or 2 we'll have some news from them.
He had another relatively quiet night last night. He tried to write with the nurse a couple more times. He's getting a little better but it's still hard to tell what he's writing sometimes. The nurse asked me this morning if he is a singer. She said he had asked if he could still sing because of the trache. I knew that would be his first question once he was able to realize that he had a trache in. She and I both reassured him that it would in no way affect his singing since it is below the vocal cords. He was glad to hear that.
He got pretty anxious at our first visit this morning so they had to give him a little extra medication to calm him down. So he was sleeping pretty well at our second visit. He's still using his trick he learned to get the nurses to come in his room when he needs them. He's still blowing against the trache to make the alarms sound on his ventilator. After he was worked up this morning and tried his trick a couple times, I explained to him that when he is worked up and when he blows against the trache, the vent reports don't show the accurate progress that he's actually making. So I asked him if he could try to remain as calm as possible and stop blowing against the trache so those reports show the doctors how good he's doing so he can get off the ventilator. He calmed down and nodded to indicate he would do that. I hope he remembers that and stays calm. It has to be so frustrating for him to be in bed so long without being able to communicate easily with everyone else. I hope those days are soon over for him.
Kelly
.jpg)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home