Monday, July 03, 2006

Great overnight progress...

I woke up again today insisting that it was going to be a good day for Rob. After our first visit of the morning, that appears to be the case. He brought his temp down to around 99 degrees now and his other numbers are looking great. His heartrate was at 102 when I walked in his room. That is the lowest it has been since this all started. Of course it went up a bit as I started talking to him but that is normal. That indicates response from him that he knows I'm there. His blood pressure was down too. His belly pressure at 6:00 am was 18, which is very good. They will take that again at 2:00 this afternoon. The nurse started giving him the dye for his CT Scan while we were in visiting him. They put one dye through his NG tube in his nose. That goes right into his stomach. Then they will also give him a dye in his IV when they get down to radiology to do the scan. That will give them a clear picture of what is going on in there. With his belly pressure down and his fever breaking, I'm very reassured that hopefully he does not have an infection or absess in there. But we will see that soon after the scan when we get the results. There are also no signs of anything growing from any of the cultures they have taken yet. Another great sign!

His nurse said that his skin looks great and has no sign of bed sores when he turned him this morning. Today he has a hefty male nurse that has no problem moving him around the bed himself. Rob would probably want to take him on if he was feeling better. :) They did back down on some of his Fentanyl overnight so thereis just a little less pain medication flowing through him. Anything they can back down on is good. The less medication the better, if he doesn't need it. I still haven't heard anymore talk of putting in a trache so hopefully that means they are thinking he'll be off that support soon enough to avoid it. But time will tell.

So, I feel much better about his progress this morning than I did when I went to bed last night. After a night of tossing and turning, I'm sure today will be a great day. The prayers are working so keep them coming!

Kelly

1 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, July 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly,
Thank you so much for taking the time to type this blog. It is so nice to be able to check in with out having to call and bug you! We are thinking of you and Rob often, and will conitnue to pray for Rob's strength and for good results from the CT Scan!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home