Monday, July 03, 2006

More good numbers...

At my 4:30 visit Rob's belly pressure was down to 7. That is just amazing! When it was as high as 38 they were seriously considering surgery to relieve that pressure so I hope we're far enough out of the woods that we won't have to think about that again. The CT Scan showed a large amount of fluid around his pancreas and abdominal area. The doctor said it's sometimes hard to see any infections on the CT Scans but they didn't see anything at this time that they thought they needed to "tap" to get rid of. They did start him on 3 different antibotics just to fight anything that might be in there. Better safe than sorry.

The nurse was just starting him on his new form of nutrition. After his CT Scan they took him to Internal Radiology and inserted another tube in his nose that goes all the way down to his intestine, bypassing his stomach. They will feed him through this now to start getting a little more substanance in him. Previously he was strictly on IV nutrition. They compared this new "food" to an Ensure drink. So it's much thicker and will give him better nutrition than just the basics that he got through the IV. I told him that he was going to get a big milkshake for dinner tonight, just not the kind he's used to. :)

His heart rate was down to 95, also the lowest he's been so far. And his blood pressure was lower too. These are all good signs. His temp is still holding around 99-100 but as long as we don't get much higher than that, he's doing ok. Hopefully those antibotics will fight off anything that might be causing a fever. But a fever is the body's natural reaction to flush out anything that could be hurting him so it would be normal for him to have a low grade fever. He is still on the cold blanket to help keep him comfortable and the fan is on him too. Although it's not his giant cage fan that he was asking for when he was still able to communicate a few days ago. I told him that the nurses wouldn't allow anything in the room that was going to blow him off the bed.

So all in all, still encouraging news for today. I hope the rest of the night and tomorrow continue to improvement, a little bit at a time. Again, I'd like to thank each and every one of you for all of your prayers, cards, gifts, and well wishes. I can't say it enough but I just had to say it again. THANK YOU!!!

Kelly

5 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, July 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rob,

Keep up the good work, we are looking forward to seeing you up and about.


Darcie and Mike

 
At 7:00 PM, July 03, 2006, Blogger Carl's said...

Rob & Kelly

It is good to hear you are doing better. Keep it up! We will keep you in our payers.

Kelly...congrats on being pregnant. Keep up your strength!

Jarod & Angela (Westcott) Carl

 
At 7:02 PM, July 03, 2006, Blogger Carl's said...

Rob,
Keep up the good work. Your doing a wonderful job fighting!

Kelly,
congrats on your pregnancy.

Jarod & Angela (Westcott) Carl

 
At 9:44 PM, July 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly and Rob,
I'm keeping a close eye on the blog and I'm praying for a quick recovery, at least he has age on his side! Congrats on the baby news??!!

 
At 1:26 AM, July 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly!!! I just checked my e-mail(I'm a little SLOW in that department) Anyway I was shocked to hear what's going on!! I sure didn't expect anything like this. I could of came to see you! I work on the 6th floor- I'll have to get down there Wed. when I come back to work. I am so glad to hear he's doing better, and I hope you are too!! Take care of that baby OK?? I know ya will! hang in there Kathy West

 

Post a Comment

<< Home